Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Secret Weapon VS. Mother Nature

Mother Nature has come to visit with me for a few days. Usually this ordeal is my excuse….err NEED to wear old flannel PJ’s, laze in bed reading highly educational books {eh.. the nerd in shining armor was Very educational} and munch on bad foods washed down with chocolate…The only exercise I would have is turning pages and unwrapping food.

But not the Treadmill goddess! No! I say! No more and I have a secret weapon that I unleashed this week. Yes my friends, I have taken over my kids Wii with its sensational Fit game + board. (I can assure you that I have no affiliations with entertainment systems or Nintendo. I lean more to anti video games because I am addicted to pc games and don’t want my children to follow my path of destruction.)

You do have to go thru the Wii hall of shame however as you set up your little you which they call ‘Mii’. That is fun; picking your colours, your face and so on. Then on the Fit game you must stand on the board and it weighs you; figuring out your BMI. Clear the room for this – and for the privacy types you can password your mii..like I did. I was shocked at my Body Mass Index.

I was so relieved to discover that I am not on the worst level. I am only ‘very high risk’ at Obese Class II instead of the mortifying ‘Extremely high risk’ at Obese Class III.

I cannot imagine the heights of my joy when I move up to only ‘High risk’ with Obese Class I. It’s a light at the end of my tunnel I must say.

Okay. Back to the shaming stuff.. (Yeah, that’s not it. ) after it displays your weight and BMI you see your Mii transformed from a comely small Mii to a FAT Rolly Mii. That’s a little too true to life for me.

I decided to work-out on the Wii ignoring the evil glances from my treadmill. There is yoga, aerobics, strengthening exercises and balance games. I was sweating after 20 minutes. I am seriously out of balance. Ha ha!

The bonus of this is that it gives you time credits so you know how long you worked out AND you can add to it ‘other exercise’ to include any treadmill time! It tracks your progress and lets you make a goal. I'm so doing this the days I need a break from the treadmill (Sorry baby)

At the end of the session you can stamp on the calendar that you worked out that day! I can’t wait to reach the level of my 7 yr old son so I can get the smiley stamp!! :)

Find out your BMI (BREAK MY ILLUSIONS!) by checking out
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bmi-calculator/NU00597




Health Risk Classification According to Body Mass Index (BMI).
Classification
Source: www.hc-sc.gc.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments!